The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution Jarvis Christian College has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program.
• Professional development for coaches, athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course.
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Jarvis Christian College and the NAIA.