Jarvis Christian College is an historically Black liberal arts, baccalaureate degree granting institution affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The mission of the College is to prepare students intellectually, socially, spiritually, and personally to pursue professional and graduate studies and productive careers.
In support of its mission, Jarvis Christian College strives to:
- Provide the student with challenging learning experiences which explore varied responses
to the human condition, develop the skill to facilitate analytical inquiry, promote global
awareness, encourage social consciousness, foster creativity, inculcate concepts, and
develop skills that are essential for professional competence in the student’s chosen
- Provide financial, human and physical support for all activities, programs, and purposes
of the College in a physical environment which contributes to an atmosphere for effective
- Provide support through acquiring, organizing, and disseminating information in various
formats that support the institution’s curriculum and programs.
- Provide a sound diverse financial base, attract additional financial resources, strengthen
community relations, and provide academic and administrative support which allow for
continuous growth and expansion of the College.
- Provide programs and services that are conducive to the cultural, social, moral, mental,
spiritual, and physical growth and development of students.